Job vacancy: Coach Developer - Talent (South)
Company: UK Coaching
Closing Date: 12.00 noon on 27 April 2018
Interview Date: 10 May 2018
Position Based: Home-based in the South covering the Southern region
Salary Range: £30,551 - £44,500
Responsible to: Coaching Manager – Talent & Performance
Main Purpose of Job: To provide individualised, group and in-situ support to talent coaches across a variety of sports, in order to improve their coaching practice.
- Supporting the individual personal development needs in a group of talented coaches operating at performance foundation level.
- Working with those coaches at training sessions and competitions in order to provide in-situ observation, analysis and feedback.
- Facilitating communities of practice and delivering coach development workshops with multiple coaches and/or other key personnel.
- Supporting the coach to reflect upon experience and embed learning in order to positively impact future coaching.
- Using video capture and feedback to assist in coaching observation and analysis.
- Facilitating the production of individualised development plans for each coach and monitoring progress.
- Assisting the coach in their effectiveness in working with other key personnel within the development system.
- Producing coaching reviews to inform progress and development with coaches and their sports.
- Working as an integrated member of a wider coach developer team.
- Contributing to the aspirations of the talent and performance team through the sharing of best practice and development of resources.
- Following and promoting the mission, values and policies of UK Coaching internally and externally.
- Following, promoting and implementing UK Coaching’s policies for the equal treatment of all employees, applicants and customers.
- Undertaking any other tasks appropriate to this level of responsibility.
For further information on the role, including person specification, download the job description from the right-hand side of this page.
Please complete the application form (downloadable from the right-hand side of this page) and email to [email protected] or alternatively you can post it to:
Off Amberley Road
A long list will be carried out first and candidates will then be asked to submit a short video (no longer than three minutes) of them describing a coach they have worked with, helped develop and their approach to this situation. Candidates will be contacted on 30 April.
Once videos have been reviewed, a short list would then take place and candidates would be informed for interview. Please can you indicate clearly on your application a telephone number where you can be contacted during office hours (9.00 am – 5.00 pm).
Successful applicants will be contacted via telephone and email/letter by 5pm on 4 May with information relating to the interview time, location and format.
To gain further information on the role, please contact Sally Frani on 0113 2907617 or alternatively email [email protected]. Alternative formats of the application form are available on request.