Job vacancy: Go-Ride Coach - Carlisle
Job title: Go-Ride Coach, Carlisle
Company: British Cycling
Why British Cycling?
British Cycling is one of the world’s most successful sports governing bodies. From winning Olympic and Paralympic gold medals to inspiring almost two million people to ride their bikes regularly, we are committed to making cycling the number one sport and activity of choice in Britain.
With more than 130,000 members and a new eight-year partnership with HSBC UK, cycling is in its best ever shape. The unique benefits of working for British Cycling include free gold membership.
Could you play a role in finding the next Sir Chris Hoy or Laura Kenny? Do you have what it takes to inspire young people to be the best that they can be, overcoming barriers to inclusion and identifying new talent? Are you looking to develop your coaching career working for one of the world’s most successful governing bodies?
The role of a Go-Ride Coach is all about:
- planning delivering and evaluating cycling coaching opportunities at a local level with a focus on the Fundamentals and Learning to Train stages
- assisting in identifying talented young people and encourage their
- further development as a rider via British Cycling’s Performance Pathway
- taking positive steps to identify and overcome barriers to participation amongst participants from disadvantaged backgrounds, prioritising access and inclusion as well as work with clubs to implement continuing professional development programmes for coaches, club officials and volunteers
- As an Ambassador of the organisation, you will be promoting British Cycling products and services, including membership, to participants, clubs and other partners to maximise uptake and revenue opportunities.
What do we offer?
This role is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract initially. As well as a great starting salary, we will provide the support you need to deliver progressive coaching sessions in schools, clubs and throughout the local community, with the flexibility and freedom to make your own decisions to deliver great participation and an exceptional cycling experience for riders at all levels.
You’ll come up with ideas to appeal to participants in your local area, like local promotional events and entry level racing opportunities, and work with our team back at the National Cycling Centre to promote these activities and events. In return for delivering consistent results, you’ll receive the opportunity to learn and develop, as well as exciting opportunities to broaden your role and potentially move around the organisation.
What you need is:
We are keen to hear from skilled coaches with significant experience in establishing, delivering and co-ordinating participant programmes in a wide range of environments, including schools, clubs and community settings. A current UKCC Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling qualification is also essential. The post holder will be required to reside within the Carlisle City catchment area, or be willing to relocate as appropriate. This is a profession which is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation. Any appointment will be made on merit alone. For more information on British Cycling please visit the following page www.britishcycling.org.uk.
Salary: £22,500 per annum
How to apply: To apply via our online application form, please visit https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/apply
Closing date: Sunday 23 July 2017Add to My Folder