Job vacancy: Head of Talent and Performance
UK Coaching is recruiting a Head of Talent and Performance to lead the development and implementation of a coherent and cutting edge talent and performance foundation plan for UK Coaching. This plan will enable partners to develop and support a diverse high performing coaching workforce across the talent and performance foundation pathway.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing the UK Coaching Talent and Performance function to meet the needs of partners and coaches.
- In partnership with UK Sport and the Home Country Sports Councils (HCSCs), leading the development and implementation of a coherent UK wide pathway for the identification, development and support of more diverse range of coaches working with talented and high performing athletes
- Working with UK Sport, HCSCs and NGBs to adopt appropriate codes of conduct which value the welfare and wellbeing of coaches, athletes and support agencies to ensure coaching workforce systems are trained, educated and supported to uphold the code.
- Ensuring learning from coach developer work can embed and evolve into a coach development system for the UK, where people are developed to support coaches at all levels. Working closely with the Head of Workforce & Inclusion to develop standards, relevant qualifications and CPD to this end.
- Liaising with UK Sport and HCSCs to develop a seamless system for engaging, developing and supporting coaches from the talent into the performance environment. Identifying all aspects of the talent system/environment which may affect coaching success (performance within a positive culture) and working with agencies to address challenges in the system/environment.
- Collaborating with UK and International stakeholders, delivery and research partners to provide access to cutting edge thinking and solutions to drive the recruitment, development and retention of a more diverse workforce.
- Developing and managing appropriate relationships with UK Sport, HCSCs, Performance Directors, Governing Bodies, Home Country Sports Institutes and educational establishments with a view to delivering appropriate support and targeted interventions to coaches of athletes in the pathway from first selective environment to elite.
- Working collaboratively with the Head of Workforce & Inclusion and Head of Participation to ensure that the coaching pathway is coherent and inclusive across the participant pathway
- Line managing and developing the Talent and Performance team to deliver the agreed talent and performance foundation operational plans and targets.
- Managing and reporting on the effective utilisation of UK Coaching finances for identified budgets.
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of UK Coaching’s programmes, products and services in order to respond to specific needs of individuals or groups
- Contributing to the development of UK Coaching policy and strategy through internal staff meetings and working groups
- Working with UK Coaching partners to ensure that equity in coaching is developed and delivered effectively
- Maintaining an awareness of team members and other UK Coaching staff
- Following and promoting the mission, values and policies of UK Coaching internally and externally
- Following, promoting and implementing UK Coaching policies for the equal treatment of all employees, applicants and customers
- Undertaking any other tasks appropriate to this level of responsibility.
Salary: £40,000 - 50,000 per annum.
To find out more about the role please see the attached job information pack.
To apply complete the attached application form, submitting before the deadline of 9am Monday 27 November.Add to My Folder