Job vacancy: Part Time Academy Coach - Leicester
Job title: Part Time Academy Coach
Company: Leicester City Football Club
Leicester City Football Club Academy are looking to recruit a high quality Part-time Coach who must have a minimum of UEFA B and Youth Modules, however, UEFA A and Advanced Youth Modules are desirable to work predominately in the Foundation phase. The individual must show a desire to work with the younger age groups of the Academy, and be able to demonstrate not only an excellent understanding of the technical and tactical requirements of player development at this age, but also the social and emotional development of children.
• To be responsible for the development of young players.
• Responsible for updating the Performance Management Application Tool
Summary of Duties:
• Prepare and deliver coaching/training sessions in line with the Academy’s technical programme.
• Record all coaching/sessions on the PMA • Deliver sessions to academy standards • Evaluate sessions in line with the academy protocols.
• Complete players 6 and 12 weekly objectives.
• Prepare the team for matches in line with the players match objectives and the academy games programme.
• Evaluate the player’ s performances and record games statistics on the PMA • Complete weekly match reports on the PMA.
• Write and deliver the player’s assessment for parent/carer meetings.
• To write an annual report on team and individual performances.
• Complete a player handover at the end of the season • To attend coach appraisals conducted by the Lead Coach.
• Attend in-service training as agreed.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development.
• Responsible for the safe keeping of any equipment allocated and will return this as and when appropriate.
• Comply with all aspects of the ‘Coaching Philosophy’’ and the Club’s ‘Internal Code of Conduct’.
• The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Club values and policies and procedures, in particular Health & Safety, Equality and Diversity, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
• To ensure that the Club’s Safeguarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
• Hold and maintain minimum UEFA B qualification and FA Youth Modules 1,2,3 plus assessment.
• Experience of young player development and knowledge of appropriate technique and skill development practices.
• Enthuse and be able to communicate positively with young players, their parents, coaches and management.
• Must pass an FA DBS check.
• Be prepared to work unsocial hours.
• Full clean driving license.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Excellent coaching and delivery skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time.
• Friendly, well organised with the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
• Possess strong time management skills and have a flexible approach to work.
• Communication: Able to communicate to the highest level, listens, interprets and conveys information in a clear and accurate manner, provides timely delivery of information and selects the most appropriate method of communication.
• Teamwork: Works within a team environment, co-operates with others, considers the needs of others and helps others to achieve objectives.
• Taking ownership: Ability to work autonomously on own initiative, pro-active in managing one’s own time, building an understanding of the internal and external environment in order to deliver work in a highly effective and professional manner.
• Resilience and the ability to maintain professionalism and a calm demeanor at all times.
• Excellent IT skills (including excellent MS Office – word, excel, PowerPoint).
• Able to work to tight deadlines.
• To adhere and communicate the Club’s brand values to stakeholders whenever the opportunity arises.
• A commitment to continuing professional development and undertaking required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training.
Reporting to: Head of Academy
Other requirements: you may be required to work at match days
If you feel you have the skills experience and availability to work evenings and weekends please send your CV with current salary and salary expectations to [email protected]
Previous applicants need not apply
Leicester City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Leicester City Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Due to a high volume of applications, we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date for this role.
Applications will be shortlisted on merit upon receipt.
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience How to apply: Email as stated in the advert text
Closing date: 20th August 2017Add to My Folder