Coaching Qualifications and CPD
Coaching qualifications offer formal recognition of a 'fit-for-purpose' coach. This is someone that can coach a specific sport, or discipline, in a particular environment to a recognised standard as defined by the governing body.
The UKCC – managed by sports coach UK – is maintaining the standards of coaching qualifications across the UK by supporting, endorsing and continuously improving sports' coach-education programmes.
The UKCC is a development framework that supports the:
- development of governing body of sport coach education programmes
- endorsement of governing body of sport coach education programmes
- continuous improvement of governing body sport coach education programmes
The UKCC does not take a one-size-fits-all approach and is implemented according to the specific characteristics of each sport. A UKCC-endorsed coach-education programme is developed by each governing body to meet the needs of its sport and sports coaches.
UKCC Coaching qualifications include:
- qualification content: an outline of topics and a learning curriculum
- learning programme: a schedule for learning and assessment activities
- coach-education workforce: tutors, assessors and verifiers
- learning resources: teaching, learning and assessment materials
- quality assurance: a programme for the systematic monitoring and evaluation of delivery
- financial model: to ensure the costs of delivery and attendance are sustainable.
CPD complements qualification-based learning with varied, informal and formal learning. This includes workshops, working with other coaches, mentoring, eLearning and reflective coaching.Add to My Folder